full
without
#666666
http://www.minerva.bg/wp-content/themes/zap/
http://www.minerva.bg/en//
#FF6700
style4
(359) 82 832 832
Better every day

Cambridge English: Advanced


  • Cambridge English: Advanced


C1 Advanced (also known as Cambridge English: Advanced or Certificate in Advanced English) is an exam at level С1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe and corresponds to a score of 180 to 210 on the Cambridge English Scale. This is an exam at a high level, a pass at which is proof that the person can cope linguistically with most practical everyday situations. It is recognised by almost all universities in the United Kingdom and a growing number of US universities, as well as many employers worldwide.

CAE is a popular exam, originally offered in 1991 and taken by candidates of more than 190 nationalities in about 80 countries throughout the world, mainly in Europe and South America. The majority of candidates are aged between 16 and 19 and about 62% of all candidates are female. About 85% of candidates undertake a preparatory course before taking the examination.

 

Exam Format

Изпитът Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English) consists of four papers (parts/sections). The first paper is a combination of two papers taken together and contributes 2/5 (40%) to the examination’s maximum overall result. The other 3 papers are equally weighted and count 20% each, thus forming the remaining 60% of the result. Actually, you will receive five separate scores on five separate parts. The final grade is based on overall performance so it is not necessary to achieve a satisfactory score in all papers in order to pass the examination.

 


 

Reading and Use of English

1 hour and 30 minutes

8 parts – 56 questions

 

Writing

1 hour and 30 minutes

2 writing tasks

 

Listening

about 40 minutes

4 parts – 30 questions

 

Speaking

about 15 minutes

4 parts – Interview


 

Grades and Certificates

 

 

Pass Rate for Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)

  • 66.57% Worldwide (2005-2015)


  • 74.32% For Bulgaria (2005-2015)


  • 86.89% At MINERVA (2005-2015)


 

Preparation for CAE at MINERVA
scroll
Loading posts...
link_magnifier
#5c5c5c
on
loading
off